Thursday, December 22, 2016

Painting on Your Computer

I was doodling in a photo editing program one day. I was playing with the brush dynamics when I found the random color setting. Below I have an example of my experimentations. First I scribbled with my default black and white FG (foreground) and BG (background) using random the random color dynamic. I saw that it used any random value between the FG and BG. So I tried it with two shades of blue. Interesting, but it still looked like toothpaste. Then I changed my brush(that's kind of like the shape of your virtual pen tip) and vuala! It looks like a brightly painted canvas. Here are some very simple pictures I (virtually) painted just to try it out.




"Penguin on ice"
"Palm tree on uninhabited island where
the sky is the same color as the sea"

No comments:

Post a Comment