Thursday, August 9, 2018

The Ultimate Tactical Helmet

This morning an idea of certain geeky importance seized me and captured my interest with a wondrous grip. It seems to have ocurred to me before, but this particular time it was irresistible. I mused upon a Helmet of numerous utility. Headgear so finally tuned that you could listen to tunes in surround sound and have infrared vision. I so far call it the Ultimate Tack Helmet! However I'd be open to suggestions. Please comment on what you think it should be called.


  • Floodlights
    • I thought there could be twelve, and you could turn them on in pairs to create six light levels.
  • Night Vision
    • I probably know the least about this feature, but the plan is to have infrared LEDs in the helmet and have some kind of drop-down/slide-out display so you can see the infrared light you are creating.
  • Sunglasses
    • No more "Ah the sun's in my eyes" excuses for you.
  • Video Camera
    • A great way of having a photographic memory "You did say that! Here I'll pull it up."
  • Inner Cooling
    • Not air conditioning as in air blown over a cold pipe; just a fan. Setting a thermostat would be easy.
  • Microphone
    • Would allow you to take calls from your helmet and record your conversations with yourself, the people you interogate, and maybe the milk man if he stands close by.
  • Surround Sound
    • Surround sound is so much easier in a helmet. You just have to have it!
  • Retractable Rearview Mirrors
    • No one can sneak up on this smart helmet wearer! And if they are too dorky for you, they're retractable!
  • Color Scheme
    • For some reason I always picture the helmet silver with a double racing stripe, but definitely comment on what color you would want your Tack Helmet in.
  • Materials
    • Plastic, Styrofoam, and Aluminum, it's cheap and light. I don't think this would be a great helmet for protection. But hey! Maybe floodlights and video cameras absorb shock better than you think.




I'm interested to see anyone's feedback. © Walters 2018 all rights reserved. The first to send me 5000 bars of Lindt's Swiss Dark chocolate will be the receiver of an exclusive production contract for the Ultimate Tack Helmet.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sunglasses and cooling features. I also love your phrase "captured my interest with a wondrous grip". The world is full of wonders! May many of them capture your interest for years to come.

    ReplyDelete